Thursday, February 3, 2011

A Peak Through the Window…

I caught a glimpse through the window of time this past weekend of what my life will be like in about 10 years. Time stood still as I looked through my house at how beautiful and boyish my world was and I realized that I really don’t know if I would know what to do with a girl?! Tommy (our neighbor) was over one evening and he and Eli were in the living room playing the Wii and talking ‘video game talk’ which of course, I don’t understand. Noah was running around crazy and stopping to play with Legos every few minutes. Paul was in the kitchen cooking dinner (what a great hubby) and I realized he was cooking hamburger helper – such a BOY dinner! And it hit me….what my life will be like in 10 years. Stinky teenage boys playing video games, talking guy talk, making food that is probably horrible for you but oh so good! All the while I look around and realize I am so alone in my ‘estrogen-ness’ but in love with the testosterone that surrounds me and protects me.

…And that is when I made my way to refrigerator to pour myself a nice glass of wine. In 10 years, I will be pouring a nice glass of wine all while filling my bathtub and lighting my candles – because I WONT understand the video game talk, I WONT want to be around the stickiness, and I WILL enjoy my boys pampering me =) and letting me relax like a princess.

IMG_2404

This picture cracks me up!! It shows exactly what our days are like in this household. One child is always crying – while another is eating or obsessing over some sort of sweetness – while the other is completely oblivious as to what is going with the other two while being in his own little ‘happy world’. (Noah has 2 suckers and is so very proud)

Sweet Baby Boy started smiling, cooing, and talking this past week…

IMG_2407

No comments:

Post a Comment