Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Crafty Tot Tuesday ~ High Calorie Style

This past weekend, me, my mother, and my niece all attended a craft festival to sell some crafts. Well, while we were there we noticed a funnel cake maker on the row behind us. Mmmmm, Yummy! Of course I haven’t had a funnel cake in years and my pregnant mind was saying “I HAVE to have one before we leave here today” – well, the day got away from me and I wasn’t feeling too well stomach wise by the time we left. Never got my funnel cake =(

So this morning I went to open my e-mail and of course my  wonderful mother had sent me many homemade funnel cake recipes. “So, today we make funnel cakes” I said =)

What you need:

DSCN0774 

  • flour
  • baking soda
  • baking powder
  • sugar
  • milk
  • eggs
  • salt
  • honey
  • plastic baggie
  • vegetable or peanut oil
  • powdered sugar
  • and a toddler…or in this case I used a 5 year old wearing his GI Joe costume

DSCN0776

Mix all ingredients together except for the bag and the oil! Pour mixture into a plastic baggie and close. Cut a small hole in one of the bottom corners and pour into hot grease (veg. or peanut oil) on the stove and let cook. I didn’t want to pour all of my oil into the pan, so I had to flip the cake like a pancake to cook both sides.

DSCN0777 DSCN0778  DSCN0780

Let cake drain on paper towels and then top with honey (optional) and powdered sugar. And Voila!!!!!!!….

DSCN0781  DSCN0784

PURE YUMINESS!!!!!!! Of course, something has to be healthy so serve with some fresh fruit or yummy strawberries on top.  If anyone is interested in making this, let me know and I will send you the ingredient measurements.

No comments:

Post a Comment