Today we did a super messy craft and if you have girls, I am sure this craft will turn out a lot prettier than ours did.
Yarn Bowls!!! Too cute and fun to make!
What you will need:
- yarn, any color or multiple colors
- balloon or ball
- plastic cups or bowls for glue
- Blow up the balloon and set it somewhere steady.
- Cut strips of string and lay in a pile. I cut them about 6 to 12 inches long.
- Have your little one dip string in glue, run finger down string to get off excess, place string in any shape on your balloon
- repeat steps until you are happy with the way it looks
- let dry for 24 to 48 hours
- pop balloon and voila!!! You have your bowl
My bowl turned out a little flimsy. I think it was because I wasn’t able to use as much string as I had wanted. Noah can’t stand to get his hands dirty so the moment he saw my fingers in the glue, he took off to find other things to do. Elijah woke up way too early this morning, therefore, he only lasted about 10 minutes during craft and then had to go to nap. So we didn’t get to finish our bowl the way we wanted =( But it still turned out cute!!