Saturday, August 21, 2010

Free-Fabulous Summer

The boys and I are so anxiously awaiting cooler weather, cinnamon filled home, super yummy cookies, decorations, fun crafts – the  ‘family season’ where we all snuggle in front of the fire and talk  about how much we want to love and squeeze each other. My boys are so excited that they watched their Casper Ghost movie today in anticipation for Halloween. Elijah is already guessing which house is going to have the best candy bars this Halloween!! =)

I think that I am starting my ‘nesting phase’ because I am noticing areas in my home that need to feel more ‘homey’ and cozy and I am trying to slowly but surely make our house into more of a sweet home where we can all escape to, snuggle, and grow old in with super memories engraved into my babies minds and hearts.

So to get ready for our magical season of family love coming up, I emptied my camera today to make room for more photos and found some glorious memories from this summer. I can’t wait for more memories and experiences to enlighten us, it is definitely going to be the season for life changing events for our little family. What a great Christmas gift my boys are going to be blessed with =) they can’t wait for baby to be here.

Here are a few of the great memories made in the past few months:

Park Fun and Creek Hiking:

IMG_0794 IMG_0796 IMG_0797

Ohhhh, Monkey Joe’s was the highlight of our August. My children stayed here for 4 1/2 hours – hours of PURE fun!!! They could have stayed longer if their bodies didn’t turn into a zombie state. Can you see Noah on the slide below going ‘Super Hero Fast’?! :

IMG_0800 IMG_0802 IMG_0803 IMG_0805

We just love Fernbank Science Center! So cool and such a great learning tool for my little Science Fanatic (or mini-Paul):

IMG_1190

my baby making a wish:

IMG_1194IMG_1227  IMG_1196

Comparing to a t-rex footprint =)

IMG_1197 IMG_1199 IMG_1203 IMG_1205 IMG_1208

My ‘weather-boys’ doing the weather on screen:

IMG_1211 IMG_1213

I just love photos =) what a great way to hold on to these memories forever!!! My babies are growing so fast and I have a feeling that I will notice that so much more once the new, really little bundle arrives – they will look HUGE to me!!

“What greater thing is there for human souls than to feel that they are joined for life - to be with each other in silent, unspeakable memories.”  ~George Eliot

No comments:

Post a Comment