Thursday, October 14, 2010

My Cup Runneth Over!!!…

Oh my big boy…my big boy made my heart melt today.

He took the time to notice mommy working, cleaning, and trying very hard to get things done around the house – but what is amazing is that he is understanding that mommy is getting bigger by the day and everyday chores are getting harder for me to accomplish.

Today, Elijah was allowed to skip nap time in exchange for ‘quiet time’. Well, he was very quiet and I went to look for him and found him in the kitchen – he had brought his stool in there and I found him doing this…

(excuse the underoos!!)

clean1

When I asked him what he was doing…you ready for this???!!!

He said “I am cleaning the dishes, Mommy. I couldn’t find a sponge so I am using a rag. I am doing the dishes so that I can help you out a little bit, to make things easier.”

clean3

He even scrubbed the sink when he was finished!!!!!

Then, when I came in later, I noticed that he had moved the burners from the cooktop and had sprayed cleaner on the cooktop and scrubbed what he could reach.

clean2

I have cried many times today because of this. I love this precious child…

No comments:

Post a Comment